Thursday, September 29, 2011

We made a new LEG today!

Today was a very unusual sewing day!  My dear friends, Pam and McKenzie (and me) made a LEG for my daughters 17th Birthday present today!  My daughter has just recently had her third ACL reconstruction and asked for a new leg for her Birthday!  She didn't mind if it was fabric, she just wanted a new leg!  Well, we went to work and created one!  It turned out awesome!  Here are some pictures of our funny project...
The beginnings of a leg!  

Here is the stuffed leg...it is almost as long as Haley's real leg.  

My partners in crime...

Here are the toes!  

The toes attached to the foot...they are adorable!

We decided to put our initials on the leg so that Haley will remember that we love her tons and wish we could really give her a new leg!



Check out this darling foot and toes!  I sewed it right to the bottom of the leg!  It just made me giggle when I got it done!  

Cute as can be!

The leg all done!

We even made an ankle bracelet!

And a tattoo!

Our initials...

The finished product!  She loved it!



Haley absolutely adored her new leg!  It was so much fun to give it to her.  I truly wish we could buy her new legs and help her never to have to worry about her knees again!  

No comments:

Post a Comment