Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Amy Butler's Messenger Bag...

Well, I said I would never make this bag again, but here I go.  It is a custom order for a friend so how could I say, No?  


So far, I have spent 3 hours cutting the fabric out for the bag.  All the pieces must be labeled because there are so many of them.  The outside fabric is a duck cloth, or canvas type fabric, the lining is a regular cotton, and then there is a canvas layer used as interfacing on all of the outer bag pieces.  The canvas layer is to add strength and stability and it will not show once the bag is made.  There 5 zippered pockets, along with a pencil pocket type gadget on the inside.  It is really a cool bag, it just takes a long time to make!  Here are pictures of the fabric all cut out...  I will post the progress!





This is the outside fabric, it is a duck cloth almost like canvas.

The light colored fabric on the far right of the photo is the canvas interfacing.  It will not show when the bag is complete.  It is just used to add shape and stability.  

This is the lining fabric...the pink will be used as accents in a few of the pockets.

canvas interfacing...I used some extra I had laying around because it won't show anyway.

I have to label all of the pieces otherwise they would get all confused!  It is like a big puzzle!



No comments:

Post a Comment