Friday, July 15, 2011

Epic Fail!






Ok, this was an epic fail at trying to make a man bag...I tried to be all smart and make an interior zipper compartment...it is there, hard to see in the picture, though.  I used interfacing, etc. to make the zipper compartment tough.  However, the dimensions of the bag were not well thought out.  I made it too deep and not wide enough at the top.  It is impossible to utilize the zipper compartment in the bag.  Ugh.  I will have to re-do it!  The idea is good, just need to make some modifications.  I will re-use the cool Ducks Unlimited clips, but will probably have to trash the zippers...too hard to get back out.  Well, back to the drawing board for the man bag.

Oh, one other thing I learned.  It is almost impossible to sew on sticky waterproof camo material.  I tried to sew the bag out of that type of fabric first.  No luck!  The stickiness prevented the foot feed on the machine to take in the fabric.  Needless to say it was not pretty.  So, I went to a canvas type material next.  Much easier to work with.  I will keep you updated as to what ever happens with this project!  I will figure it out!

1 comment:

  1. I think it looks good but the zipper on inside does look like it hard to get into.. too bad for having to trash the zipper. Hope we get too see the outcome! My hubby would like these!! maybe put some ammo in there or ear protectors!!

    ReplyDelete